Welcome to our family blog! Sometimes in our chaotic lives we just don't get to talk with and see our friends and family as often as we would like! I hope this blog helps to keep you updated about what's going on in our family!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Chloe!!

Our little girl will turn three years old tomorrow!! It's so hard to believe she is getting sooo big!! Since I didn't think I would be up to throwing a big party and making a cake just a week before my due date, we decided to have her birthday party a few weeks early. It was really a lot of fun, especially since she was so excited about it! Chloe decided about six months ago that she wanted to have a Mickey Mouse birthday party, so I set about trying to find Mickey Mouse stuff for the party! As popular as Mickey is, you would think it would be easy to find Mickey themed decor, but I really had to look, especially since the Disney Store closed at our mall. I was elated when I finally found invites and decor at Flower Factory!! Chloe helped to choose them and constantly wanted to pull them out and look at them. She was so excited that she told everyone about her upcoming Mickey party! Here are a few pics from the party!No Mickey party would be complete without a Mickey Mouse t-shirt! I actually found this shirt last summer when the Disney store was closing. Fortunately it was a really warm day for October so short sleeves were perfect! We gave Chloe the shirt right before the party and she was thrilled to put it on before all the guests arrived!

I looked all over for a Mickey Mouse pan. I really wanted to get the one with Mickey's face, but the only ones I could find were on Ebay, selling for between $30 - $50 each!! To pay that much for a pan I wasn't sure if I would ever use again was just crazy!! So instead I found a topper with Mickey, Goofy, and a Handy Helper on it and then just decorated the cake. I was a little nervous since it had been a couple months since I had done a cake, but I think it turned out pretty well. Chloe chose all the colors and really liked her colorful cake. The frosting is her favorite part (guess she must get that from me!)

Joe and I with Chloe and her cake. Chloe is all smiles this year! Last year, she was a little scared with everyone singing to her and started crying!
Chloe blowing out the candles on her cake. She asked for three yellow candles and that's what she got! She had no problem blowing them out herself!

Chloe surrounded by a heap of tissue and wrapping paper. The girl cleaned house with the gifts! I'm about clueless for Christmas now!

Chloe "reading" to two of her dolls. The one in the blue was a birthday gift from her friends Noah and Collin to help her with the transition to being a big sister! The card Chloe is "reading" was from her Nana and Pops and when it was opened, it played the Mickey Mouse song. Chloe is still playing with the card and I think it might have been her favorite gift of all!! Who knew all it took to make a 3-year old happy was a $5 card!!
Our little photographer with her new camera! So far, this is a great camera! It's not super high resolution, but it takes decent pictures, is fast, doesn't burn through batteries, and even has games that can be played right on the camera or on the television. She loves it!!

Chloe and her cousin Alex playing together. Alex and his family travelled nearly four hours to come to Chloe's birthday! She has been specifically asking to see him for a couple months now! Even though Alex is more than four years older than Chloe, he always takes time to play with her and they have a good time together!

2 comments:

Becky :) said...

Okay, seriously, in the "blowing the candles out" pic, your face looks TOO thin for a woman as pregnant as you are! :) You look great, seriously! We had so much fun at her party. Thanks for inviting us.

Mrs_Scotsman said...

Dear Chloe,

Happy Birthday! We are so glad that you are part of our life. You are such a good friend to Bekah and we are glad that you are both in class together at church. It is so much fun to watch you grow up.

The Scott

From Bekah: Happy Birthday!