Welcome to our family blog! Sometimes in our chaotic lives we just don't get to talk with and see our friends and family as often as we would like! I hope this blog helps to keep you updated about what's going on in our family!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Girls Night Out!




A couple weeks ago, some of my friends and I decided that we were in great need of a girls night out! No kids, just the girls! So, our wonderful husbands took the kids for the evening and we headed out to the newly opened Melting Pot restaurant. If you have never been to the Melting Pot, it is a fun fondue restaurant. We got a great special since it was Ladies Night and it included an appetizer cheese fondue, salad, and dessert fondue. Since there were five of us, we got a large table with two burners and were able to try two of the cheese fondues and two of the dessert ones. The cheese ones were pretty good (I liked the swiss better than the cheddar), but the dessert ones were fabulous, especially the smores one! We had planned to do a little shopping after dinner, but we ended up chatting until it was nearly time for the restaurant to close. I guess we all just needed a little time away with the girls! t was was a blast!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my goodness, I got to go to a Melting Pot Ladies' Night about a month ago, too! It was so much fun!!! Aren't our husbands are the best for letting us get out with our friends for a much needed break?!? I definitely wish I could have been at the same one as you, though. =o)

Erika :-) said...

It really was a lot of fun and I was so thankful that Joe was able to watch Chloe for me! I agree, I wish we had been at the same one too!