A little less than 8 months ago, Joe and I learned that our second child had made the journey to Heaven before we had even gotten to hold the little one in our arms. It was really sad and we both experienced a lot of grief and pain. It was completely unexpected because I thought my pregnancy had been going along just fine. I had called the doctor after experiencing some "troubling" signs over that weekend and knew the minute they showed my belly on the ultrasound that our baby was gone. Although our little baby had stopped developing during the 6th week, we did not have any symptoms until I was over 10 weeks along. I felt like my life was shattered and felt guilty and helpless and just didn't know what to do. As always, God was good to us and provided for us during our time of great grief and healing. We had so many family and friends who prayed for us, watched Chloe, brought meals, and sent cards and notes. And of course, God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, an adorable little girl, and a new soon-to-be-born son who helped with the healing.
After losing our child, I spent a lot of time in prayer, as well as searching the scriptures and even the Internet to help in the healing. In one of my searches, I found this beautiful poem. I'm not sure who wrote it, but it really touched my heart. It is a tribute to our baby in Heaven, Jordan Taylor.
The Lord must have leant you an angel,
To protect until he reached the sky.
And he chose the most wonderful person,
To be his Mommy until he could fly.
He knew only you could love him,
With all that a Mommy can bring,
Until God asked for him as an angel,
And gave him his beautiful wings.
So please don't cry because you feel you have lost him,
Because the truth is he'll always be here,
And he'll keep a watch of you always,
Until the day you can finally be near.
I also found great comfort in the scripture verse Matthew 19:14 which says, "But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." This was great comfort to me because I finally felt at peace that our child was in Heaven with God, free of pain and suffering.
So today, July 8th, on what was our child's due date, I say a prayer to God for Jordan, for Chloe, for the baby boy I am now carrying, and for my friends and family for their children, both here on this earth and in Heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment