Welcome to our family blog! Sometimes in our chaotic lives we just don't get to talk with and see our friends and family as often as we would like! I hope this blog helps to keep you updated about what's going on in our family!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's a Boy!!!

We had our ultrasound today and we are having a little boy! The baby weighs one pound now and is very healthy with all vital organs and a good skeletal system. We couldn't ask for more and we praise the Lord for this healthy little guy! I'm excited and terrified at the same time! Being one of two girls and having a little girl already, I know nothing about boys! But I know it will be really fun and I'm thrilled that we get to raise both a girl and a boy! Chloe is very excited that she is having a little brother. I think she's especially excited because it means she will continue to be the princess in the family :-) I'll post some pics when I get a chance. I'm going to run out and try to find a scrap book for a baby boy :-) Thank you for your prayers!

8 comments:

Karen said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I was just thinking about you today and wondering when you'd find out the sex of the baby... and then came to your site tonight and look what I found! =o) I'm so excited for you! (So sorry Chloe... but don't worry, and don't torture him too much because when he's older he may try to get back at you. Trust me... I know from experience. Just love him and I'm sure you'll have a chance to play dress up with him sometime!... wink, wink)

Matt's brother found out they're having a boy, too! What's with all these boys?!? =o)

Anonymous said...

That is SO great! It does my heart good to see you guys so excited. My prayers have been with you through this whole pregnancy. Any names yet?
LA

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
I said the same thing ("What will I do with a boy?") I found out....
and I survived. It will be wonderful. Ask Karen about some good books to read.
Karla..the Moosemom (and grandma)

Hoffamily3 said...

We are so happy for your family!!!! I'm glad everything is well with the baby! We need to get the girl together soon!

Love all the pictures!!! Chloe is getting so big!

Stephany said...

YEA!!!! We are super excited for you guys!
(E- if you ever needs 'tips' or help with little boys and little boy things :0) Let me know. . .)
Super Excited! Let us know when you start getting uncomfortable and we'll bring buy a meal!

Ella said...

Chloe was so sweet on Friday when she told me she was having a baby brother. We are so so very happy for all of you. Boys are terrific. Having a sweet girl like Chloe to help take care of her brother is a blessing.
May the Lord continue to bless you all. We're lucky to have such super neighbors.

Karen said...

Oh I forgot to say that I just KNEW that only a BOY would put you through all that craziness! =oP

Unknown said...

OH MY A BOY. You have just moved from ribbons and bows to frogs and toads. He can always see Alex if he needs to learn to build a toad trap. You will love to see the world thru the eyes of a boy..every adventure is very exciting (sometimes scary but still exciting). I can not wait until he brings you your first rock! You will than know he is 100% BOY! Aunt Julie