Welcome to our family blog! Sometimes in our chaotic lives we just don't get to talk with and see our friends and family as often as we would like! I hope this blog helps to keep you updated about what's going on in our family!

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Room Makeover, Part 1






Since we are moving most of the "baby" stuff out of Chloe's room, we decided that we would celebrate her getting older with a mini-makeover of her nursery into her big girl room. Last weekend, we moved out her crib and brought in the big girl bed. It has taken a little adjustment to get her used to the new boundaries of her bed, but since I've been putting a couple books and toys in with her, things seem to be going better. We did the second, more labor intensive part this weekend. This is a picture of her room last week before we moved out the crib.

Here is the beginning of phase 2 of the room makeover. The walls were such a dark green (yes, I chose the color while I was pregnant with Chloe!), which is a pretty color just not what I want now, so I decided that we should paint her room a pretty, girly color. Since the walls were so dark, we had to use a primer before we could paint. What a contrast between the white of the primer and the green of the walls!


Here are the white walls after two coats of primer! I have to say a HUGE thank you to my wonderful husband who really tackled the majority of the room, especially the primer, since we did not get the low-emissions, low chemical primer because we did not want to pay $50 a gallon for it :-)

Here is new color of Chloe's room. It is a pretty, girly shade of lavender. I love it! We were able to get the low-emission, low-toxic paint on sale from Sherwin Williams since it was 25% off! The paint was really nice and went on smoothly and only needed one coat. I'm so glad Joe was able to find such a good deal! We almost ran out of paint, but Joe managed to get the whole room painted with just one gallon. I think the sale is going on through tomorrow if anyone else needs paint. We also bought a gallon for the nursery. For the new nursery, I chose a nice shade of yellow that both Joe and Chloe approve of. I'll post more pictures of Chloe's room once we get the rest of the decorations up in the room. Same with the nursery, once we get everything out of the den and can actually paint and move in the baby furniture :-)

No comments: