Welcome to our family blog! Sometimes in our chaotic lives we just don't get to talk with and see our friends and family as often as we would like! I hope this blog helps to keep you updated about what's going on in our family!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Birthday

About a week and a half ago, I hit the big 3-0. I can't say I was overly excited about it because it really sunk in that I'm not as young and cool as I once was. Yeah, I am really, truly an adult now and guess I should really act like it! Anyway, I don't really feel any older though. I really didn't want to make a big deal about my birthday and wanted to keep it pretty low key, so we didn't plan any big party or anything. We did have a nice time celebrating with family though.Ever since I took a cake decorating class last fall, I have become a bit of a "cake snob", if there is such a thing. For myself, I only want a home made cake or one from a real bakery. And my favorite kind of cake is not actually a cake, but a cookie cake, made from a cookie and decorated like a cake. Last year Joe got me a cookie cake from a local bakery and I decided that I wanted the same sort of cake this year. Well, the bakery he had purchased the cookie from last year has recently merged or been purchased by the Ele bakery. They don't deliver cookies to our part of town on Sunday, so we had to go a little south of town to the main bakery to get the cookie! But it was definitely worth the drive!
Joe also picked up some beautiful red roses for me that morning. They were very pretty and really made the house smell nice!
Since my birthday fell on a Sunday, we had to grab a quick breakfast before leaving for church. I asked Joe for a doughnut, specifically one with chocolate frosting. He picked up chocolate frosted doughnuts for all of us. I'm glad he got the cake and doughnuts because they may end up being the last ones I eat for a while (more on that in a later post). Here is Chloe enjoying her sweet treat!
All cleaned up and ready for church!
Here we are later in the day, just relaxing on the couch after a yummy dinner at Bravo. I ordered the Mama's Lasagna Bolonese and it was delicious! And one of the best parts was that I had enough food for two more meals later in the week!
As I said earlier, I really just wanted a low-key day, so after going out to dinner with family we just hung out around the house. It was very nice. Here's to many more fun birthdays!

No comments: