Welcome to our family blog! Sometimes in our chaotic lives we just don't get to talk with and see our friends and family as often as we would like! I hope this blog helps to keep you updated about what's going on in our family!

Friday, August 8, 2008

The (Almost) Finished Rooms ...

Well, for the most part, the kids' rooms are finished. It feels good to have them mostly finished. Of course, if we end up moving, we get to do the rooms all over again! We painted Chloe's room a really pretty shade of lavender. My Mom said it reminds her of the color of the bridesmaids dresses in my wedding. Here is a picture of Chloe's bed complete with Mickey, Minnie, and her Wiggles blanket ... she always wants these three things when she goes to bed! The letters from her nursery look great on the walls! I forgot the chair was in the picture ... we sit in it to read stories since it is a little cumbersome to climb in and out of the bed with the bed rails.
My Mom made this beautiful valance for Chloe's window. I love how pretty and girly it is!!

Here is another angle of the room. I still need to paint the bookcase in the back of the picture but haven't decided yet if it should be pink or purple!
We still need to hang her shelf and some pictures and put up the flower wallies, but we're holding off on that for now ....


The nursery has also come along very well. Joe and his brother Chris painted it a couple weeks ago and it is a really pretty yellow color. Chloe picked out the color for the nursery and I really like it. We bought the paint before we knew whether we were having a boy or a girl because Sherwin Williams had such a great deal on the low fume paint that is recommended for children's rooms. Here is a picture of the crib complete with mobile, musical "aquarium", breathable bumpers, and the adorable transportation themed bed skirt my Mom made!

My favorite chair in the house! It is probably the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in! Chloe was pretty bummed when we moved it out of her room and into the nursery.I found this light switch plate at a garage sale. Although it's not a perfect match to the crib skirt and window valance, it definitely goes along with the transportation theme!Another one of my garage sale finds, this lamp is awesome! The airplane, choo-choo train, car, and firetruck are all the same colors as in the crib skirt and valance. This was a great deal at only $1!!
The transportation themed window valance my Mom made for the window. We had to look a little while before we were able to find this material.
Here is a closer picture of the window treatment. It is just adorable with the cars, airplanes, sailboats, firetrucks, and trains!
Another angle of the nursery.
As with Chloe's room, there are still a few minor things that need to be finished, like painting and hanging a shelf and hanging some pictures, but it still looks great!

1 comment:

Karen said...

The rooms DO look great! I love the valence and bed skirt for BB's room... and the valence for Chloe's room, too! (Give your mom my compliments!) Isn't it great to have mothers that sew??? =o) I guess we should learn sometime, too, huh?