Welcome to our family blog! Sometimes in our chaotic lives we just don't get to talk with and see our friends and family as often as we would like! I hope this blog helps to keep you updated about what's going on in our family!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Chloe's Boo Boo

As is the case with most toddlers, Chloe has a tough time sitting in her seat for an entire meal when we go out to eat. When we were at Bravo for my birthday, she was moving around the table and fell down on the floor. Before she could pick herself up, the server from another table stepped on her little pinky finger! And it was with the heel, not the toe, so you know it hurt like crazy! It happened at the other end of the table, so I'm not sure if he apologized or anything, but I was a little irritated because he never stopped by to offer any ice or even to see how she was doing. She cried for quite a while, but seemed okay when my Mom took her outside to play in the Bocce ball court. She complained now and then (mostly at bed time and nap time) that her finger hurt, but she had no trouble moving it and it was not bruised at all, so we just assumed it was a little sore. A couple of days later, I received a call from Chloe's teacher. She said that Chloe had fallen down on the playground and injured her finger. She was crying a lot and the finger was bruised, but she could still move it. I asked them to keep an eye on it and said I could come and get her before too long if it was still bothering her. I was a little concerned so I called Chloe's doctor's office and described what had happened. I spoke with one of the nurses and she recommended that we give Chloe some Children's Motrin to reduce the swelling and ease the pain and buddy tape her pinky to the next finger. If it was still really swollen and hurting the next day, we were to call the office and come in for an appointment. Thankfully, the swelling had gone down by the next morning and Chloe was not complaining about it nearly as much! We were all relieved and thanked God for the healing taking place in Chloe's little finger. Here is a picture of Chloe with her first big boo boo!

No comments: