Welcome to our family blog! Sometimes in our chaotic lives we just don't get to talk with and see our friends and family as often as we would like! I hope this blog helps to keep you updated about what's going on in our family!

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Baby Update

Today I am 13 weeks 1 day along and things seem to be going well. I went about a week and a half ago for a scheduled appointment and ultrasound and everything looked great, which is such an answer to prayer! The baby looked perfect on the ultrasound - two hands, two feet, one body, one head :-) The baby is growing and the due date has actually moved up two days to November 1. So, this little one could share a birthday with Pops! The baby has shifted forward, as is to be expected at this age, and we were able to hear the heart beat with the Doppler very easily :-) The baby was responsive to the Doppler and moved away from it after a little while, as if to say, "that's enough of that!" We had Chloe with us and she enjoyed hearing the heart beat and watching her little sibling on the ultrasound. When the ultrasound technician asked Chloe if she wanted a brother or sister, Chloe told her the baby is my belly is her baby sister! She's holding out for a baby sister, and I guess we'll find out in a couple months. Anyone care to venture a guess? I'm about 50/50 on all the old wives tales! Here are a couple more ultrasound pics. If all goes well, the next ones I'll be posting will be from when we find out whether we're having a boy or a girl!


This is a close up of the baby's head and an arm.


This is the side view of the baby. The head is on the right. That's a hand reaching out above the head. The legs are on the left. I'm not sure why this one looks more green. I must have taken one with the flash and one without!

No comments: