Welcome to our family blog! Sometimes in our chaotic lives we just don't get to talk with and see our friends and family as often as we would like! I hope this blog helps to keep you updated about what's going on in our family!
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Prayer Request
I would like to ask you to pray for us. Some of you already know, while others do not. Joe and I are expecting another child, due in early November of this year. Yesterday morning, I woke up and realized I was spotting. We immediately called the doctor and were instructed to go to the Emergency Room since our doctor did not have office hours yesterday. I had a very thorough ultrasound and blood work done while at the ER. The ultrasound technician and radiologists could find nothing on the ultrasound to explain the bleeding. As we saw on the ultrasound, our baby has a strong heart beat - 176 beats per minute, and blood is flowing through his or her little body. Measurements showed the baby to be the appropriate size and age as well - 8 weeks 5 days. The blood work came back normal also. The ER doctor could find nothing to explain the bleeding and even said that 1/3 of all healthy pregnancies have bleeding during the first trimester. That was actually about the only issue I had during my pregnancy with Chloe and she is very healthy. I was advised to take it easy and to see my doctor within the next couple of days. So right now, I write asking to you to pray. Please pray for the health of our little baby - that he or she would continue to develop in a healthy way. We already love this little baby so much. Please pray for my health too. Please pray for peace for us as well, regardless of the outcome. We lost a baby because of a miscarriage this past December and the thought of going through that again is incredibly painful. God was faithful to bring us through that and we know that He is with us. We know our God is a God of healing and miracles and we are praying for one now. Please join with us in this. Please also pray for Joe as much of the burden of taking care of Chloe and meals is on him, on top of his work week. I will be seeing my OB early this week and will update following my appointment. Here is an ultrasound picture from yesterday. I wish it were clearer, but we don't have a scanner, so I just took a picture of it with our digital camera. The baby's head is on the right side and I believe the part on the left is the feet and the cord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I will be praying... May God give you peace and rest as you wait in His loving arms. He knows this situation and this baby better than anyone else. Please keep us updated!
Much love and prayers,
Karen
Post a Comment