Welcome to our family blog! Sometimes in our chaotic lives we just don't get to talk with and see our friends and family as often as we would like! I hope this blog helps to keep you updated about what's going on in our family!

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thank you!!

Wow! I had forgotten just how much time and attention a new born requires!! The bulk of my day is spent feeding and holding Caleb! I try to squeeze in some one on one time with Chloe, as well as keep up with the day to day things like laundry and dishes, but the days leave little time for anything else!! Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your prayers! As you have seen from Joe's posts, Caleb's induction went very well. We couldn't have asked for anything better!! As a couple people had told me, second inductions almost always go better than first ones and I'm happy to say that they were right! Here's a quick timeline so you can see just how well things went ...


Wed
2pm - arrived at the hospital for the induction. In-process and get set up
2:45 pm - given Cervidil
5pm - ate dinner (my OB put me on a regular diet until midnight and liquid after that!)
afternoon and evening - talked and watched TV
9:45 - given a sleeping pill and went to sleep; started on fluids
2am - Cervidil complete

4am - Pitocin started (2-3cm dilated)

7am - OB stopped in to see me. Said I could have epidural. (3 cm dilated)

7:15/7:30 - epidural in on first try and working!!!

7:30/7:45 - water broken, switched to internal monitors which made it so much easier to move around!!

9:15 - epidural is working great, just resting (4cm, almost completely effaced, baby position +1)

10am - epidural not working so well on left side. OB checks and I am complete and ready to have a baby!

10:25 - begin pushing. Three contractions and five pushes ...


10:30 - baby Caleb is born! He is long and thin and has a great set of lungs!!


We are so thankful for our healthy baby boy!!


Leaving the hospital ...

2 comments:

Karen said...

So precious! I'm so glad the second time around went so well! (It gives me encouragement and hope that mine will go jsut as smoothly!) I love the pictures! Can't wait to see more as he grows! Love you and wish we could be there to meet him, too!

I just looked at the pictures a few days ago from when you guys last came down a couple years ago with a 1-yr-old Chloe. It doesn't seem possible it's been that long!

Erika :-) said...

I can't believe it's been two years since we've seen you!! Keep your fingers crossed that we make it down for a visit in late spring! I think the kids will have a blast playing together!