Last night after Chloe went to bed, Joe and I decided to play a card game at the kitchen table. Chloe usually gets up a couple times before she actually stays in bed (but, oh my, things are going so much better thanks to many prayers and some advice from
Supernanny!!). Anyway, when she saw us playing cards, she became upset, thinking that we were playing with her Mickey cards without her. We got her to bed and enjoyed a couple more games before calling it a night. But it got me thinking back to when I was a little kid and had learned to play
Uno. I don't remember exactly how old I was when I first started to play, but I can remember my younger sister Brooke playing when she was just three years old. Since Chloe is fast approaching three, knows her colors, and can count to 20 without missing a beat, I thought she might enjoy playing
Uno. This morning when she woke up, she mentioned that Joe and I had been playing cards last night, so I asked her if she would like to play a card game with Daddy and I this evening. She was very excited about it and didn't let us forget! So, after dinner and bath tonight, we pulled out
Uno and played a couple games. She loved it and didn't want to stop playing. We had to explain to her which color or number she needed for each turn, but she did really well. I think she'll pick it up really quickly. She has already asked to play again last night. The only rough spots we had with the game were because she wanted either yellow cards (her favorite color) or she wanted all the colors.
.jpg)
Looking at her cards ...
.jpg)
Putting a card onto the pile. We laid all the cards face up on the table so we could help her understand how to play the cards.
.jpg)
Joe
explaining to Chloe what color or number she needs to look for.
We had a lot of fun and I have a feeling there will be many more games of
Uno in our future!
No comments:
Post a Comment