Welcome to our family blog! Sometimes in our chaotic lives we just don't get to talk with and see our friends and family as often as we would like! I hope this blog helps to keep you updated about what's going on in our family!

Monday, September 8, 2008

Rainy day picnic



Last Friday I had been planning to do a little garage sale-ing (a favorite of both Chloe and myself), and then go to a park for a picnic lunch. However, when we woke up, it was raining outside - not hard, but enough of a drizzle that I really didn't want to be outside. The rain was good for the grass, but didn't exactly fit into my plans for the day. It hasn't rained that much during the day lately so I was scratching my head to come up with some rainy day activities that would be fun and would allow Chloe to explore her creativity. So first off, we built a fort under the dining room table. We had a lot of fun playing in the fort although it was a little awkward with my ever expanding belly. Then we set up chairs and went for a "drive". Chloe got to "drive" and decided that we were going to get donuts and then shopping (where oh where could she have gotten such an idea :-) After that, we packed a picnic lunch for our indoor picnic. Chloe thought it was so cool to sit on a blanket on the floor and eat her lunch (as did Sadie, especially when I had to jump up to answer a call from the realtor and Sadie grabbed my chicken!) It was such a fun day that I'm actually looking forward to another rainy day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a great idea!
brooke