Welcome to our family blog! Sometimes in our chaotic lives we just don't get to talk with and see our friends and family as often as we would like! I hope this blog helps to keep you updated about what's going on in our family!

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Chloe chats ...

Selective Hearing ...
A week or two ago, we were driving in the car and I was talking with Chloe. Suddenly she stopped talking to me and quit answering my questions. I checked the mirror and after she stopped talking and she was still wide awake. I asked her if she was listening to me and she still didn't reply. Finally, I just said, "Well, I guess you just have selective hearing today," to which she promptly responded, "Yes, I do!!"

P-L-A-Y...
As we were finishing up dinner one night this week, I told Joe I would clean up the dishes if he wanted to take Chloe out to "P-L-A-Y" after dinner. Chloe immediately gave her agreement, saying she wanted to go "P-L-A-Y". Joe and I looked at each other while laughing and Joe finally asked her if she knew what "P-L-A-Y" was. She said, "no, but I want to P-L-A-Y, anyway!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so great! Bethany's like that with the big words now. We'll spell out a big word and she'll sit and figure it out in her head. She'll also look at me while Joanna's around and say, "Mom, Joanna's c-r-a-z-y!" We taught her to sign the alphabet and she's always signing "J-o-a-n-n-a c-r-a-z-y."