Welcome to our family blog! Sometimes in our chaotic lives we just don't get to talk with and see our friends and family as often as we would like! I hope this blog helps to keep you updated about what's going on in our family!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Snow Day!










It's almost the end of February and up until today, we still hadn't gotten what I consider to be a "really good snow". You know, when it snows enough that you all stay home from work for the day, watch the snow fall peacefully to the ground from the warmth of the house, then run around in the snow making snow angels and tracks all over the pristine blanket of white (or at least whatever is left after the dog has made tracks all over the yard!), then back inside to drink warm hot chocolate and snuggle under blankets while you watch movies. We didn't exactly get that today, but at least we got enough snow that we could play in it. We awoke this morning to around four inches of snow and though I wanted to sleep in, I pulled myself out of bed because I had a dental appointment first thing this morning (no cavities - yea!!). After a quick trip to the grocery store, Chloe and I came back home. We had a lot of fun relaxing, "cooking" in her kitchen, and watching Mickey Mouse and The Wiggles. When Joe came home from work, we went outside to play in the snow. Joe and Chloe both loved the new sled and Chloe wanted to stay out all night! We had so much fun that I hope we have a real snow day before too long!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Looks like so much fun! I'll have to put some pictures of James in his shorts and T-shirt playing on the playground sometime soon as a way of showing the contrast of living in South Florida! =o) You know if you get tired of the FREEZING COLD, you can always come down here to SUNNY, WARM Florida and James and Chloe can run around on the playground together! =o)