I had heard about a pottery place on Emerald Isle before we left for our trip. I'm not big on t-shirts or trinkets as trip souvenirs. I want to get something I will actually use!! So wehn I learned about the pottery place, I knew I wanted to go there and make something to remind me of our vacation!! We tried to go earlier in the weed during the lovely tropical storm, but the pottery shop was closed, so we ended up going on Saturday, the way before we left to come home!
The place was called Pottery2Paint and was probably less than a mile from where we were staying. If the streets and walking/bike paths had not been flooded, we probably would have walked to it!!
Chloe loves art projects, so she was also very excited about getting to paint her own pottery! We let her choose anything on the wall that she wanted. She chose this little purse that looks a lot like the Very Bradley Alice tote. Of course, it was also the more expensive of the two purses they had!!
Chloe got to work quickly painting pretty flowers all over her purse.
The lady who owned the shop was really nice and helped Chloe with her purse. This was great because it allowed me plenty of time to work on the platter I chose.
We had so much fun painting our projects!!
I chose to make a platter to look like the beach. I wanted the kids foot prints on it. Here, Chloe is getting her feet painted.
Time to make a footprint on the platter!!
Caleb's turn to get his feet painted!!
Time to get his footprints on the platter!!
The front of Chloe's finished purse. The lady at the shop said Chloe did the best job of any of the little girls who had come into the shop! Her purse looked so good not only because she is so creative, but also because she listened well and followed directions.
The back of Chloe's purse. I thought it looked good at the shop, but after it was glazed, it looked absolutely beautiful!! She was so excited when it arrived in the mail a few weeks after we returned from vacation. She has it high on her dresser now and uses it to store silly bands.
The beach platter with the kids footprints. The lady at the shop painted "Emerald Isle" at the top of the plate for me and it looks really great!! I love using the platter and it reminds me of this fun trip every time I use it!
My mom and sister also came with us and painted their own pottery.
My mom made a pretty green platter and an ornament.
Close up of the platter. It washed out in this picture and is actually a really pretty light green.
Ornament with a red fish.
Brooke made a tile with a fish on it to hang in her bathroom.
Brooke's tile in progress.
We had such a fun time painting pottery!! I am sure we will visit the shop to paint pottery again the next time we visit Emerald Isle!!


















No comments:
Post a Comment