In my last post, I mentioned that we experienced a tropical storm during this vacation to Emerald Isle. We had actually experienced a tropical storm on a previous vacation to Emerald Isle, although it was much shorter, lasting just a day. This tropical storm actually lasted a good three days. Yes, almost three days of solid rain. Not exactly the kind of weather you want for a beach vacation! We still had a lot of fun, though! And it made our time at the beach even more special!!
Our condo complex was next to one of the few remaining camp grounds on the island. The water actually rose even higher than you can see in these pictures!
More pictures of the water.
I think this picture was taken after the storm was over. The water was still so high!! We were glad we were not staying in the campground!!
This was one of the parking lots for our complex. The parking lot actually flooded during the storm and people had to move their cars.
We were at a lower part of the island, and several of the streets around our condo were actually closed due to the high water. I didn't do a lot of jogging once the storm rolled in. There were benches along the path I had jogged on and the water was up over the seat of the benches!!




No comments:
Post a Comment