Welcome to our family blog! Sometimes in our chaotic lives we just don't get to talk with and see our friends and family as often as we would like! I hope this blog helps to keep you updated about what's going on in our family!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The kids sayings ...

I haven't been on here much lately, but I wanted to update with some funny things the kids have said lately.

Chloe is learning the pledges to the American flag and the Christian flag at pre-school lately, so we have been talking about different flags. While driving past a large American flag the other day, Chloe said, "Look. I see the American flag. We call it the OSU flag for short!!"

I made hard boiled eggs last week and threw the shells into the kitchen trash. I completely forgot about them until the following afternoon. Chloe and I were in the kitchen and we had this conversation:
E: What is that smell? Something stinks. Do you smell it, Chloe?
C: Yes.
E: What do you think it is?
C: I think it's Caleb.

While tucking Chloe in, I asked a question to one of her stuffed animals. She looked at me and said, "Mommy, my stuffed animals don't talk. I have to talk for them!"

And now that Caleb is starting to talk, I finally have something from him!! We put plastic eggs filled with chocolate in the kids' Easter baskets. I opened up one of the plastic eggs for Caleb and showed him what was inside. He grabbed the candy and said, "YUM!" Since it was Easter, I let him have the piece of candy. The entire time he was eating the piece (and making a huge, chocolatey mess of himself!!), he said and signed "more, more, more!"

Too cute!!

No comments: