Welcome to our family blog! Sometimes in our chaotic lives we just don't get to talk with and see our friends and family as often as we would like! I hope this blog helps to keep you updated about what's going on in our family!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Night Away

Joe and I have need a little getaway for quite a while now, so last week Joe planned a wonderful surprise getaway for the two of us! Since it was our first time away, I wanted to stay fairly close to home, so Joe took me to a wonderful bed and breakfast in Tipp City called the Willowtree Inn. http://www.willowtree1830.com/
The B&B is in an old house built around 1830. The house and the grounds were beautiful and I couldn't believe something like this was so close to home!!
This is the room where we stayed. It has a beautiful chandalier.
The view out the side window.
The entire B&B was filled with beautiful antiques!
The large bathroom had a lovely cast-iron claw-foot tub.
We went to Troy for a delicious Italian dinner at La Piaza.
On the way back to the Willow Tree Inn, we saw this house decorated to the nines for Chirstmas.
We had a great time and I'm already looking forward to our next getaway!!

No comments: