Welcome to our family blog! Sometimes in our chaotic lives we just don't get to talk with and see our friends and family as often as we would like! I hope this blog helps to keep you updated about what's going on in our family!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Time is going by too quickly!
Chloe is 3 and Caleb is 10 weeks ... they are getting too big too quickly! As busy as we are, I sometimes really wish time would just slow down a bit! Maybe it's the wacky sleep schedule or the fact that Joe was out of town all last week and I got to spend a lot of time with the kids or maybe it's because I'm facing the end of my maternity leave in the near future or maybe it's that it's pretty likely that Caleb will be our last kiddo ... but I really just wish I could slow down time! And I wish I could have more time in the day too!! I have both Chloe and Caleb home with me today and with Caleb's feedings and cuddlings, I just don't have as much time to spend with Chloe as I would like! I'm feeling sad and a bit overwhelmed too. I have absolutely loved my time at home with the kids these past several weeks. Between the yucky weather last week and Joe's traveling, I had Chloe and Caleb both at home last week and it was a lot of fun! Since she didn't have to get up early, Chloe got a lot of sleep and was so happy and polite and cheerful and it was just so wonderful! The plan has always been for me to return to work part-time, but it's even harder this time than it was with Chloe. I'm not sure why, but it is. We had been hoping and praying that our house would sell before I had to return, but since it hasn't, I'm coming to terms with going back. I have to be positive about it ... I get to go out and get new bottles (I switched to the Playtex drop-ins because they are faster to clean than the Avent ones, not to mention they do not contain BPA and are a lot cheaper than the BPA free Avent bottles!), get more diapers/wipes, and hey, I'm even getting a new breast pump since my current one is a bit bulky! And I think I'll treat myself to a new picture frame so I can have side-by-side 5x7 pics of the kiddos on my desk. And to be more positive, Caleb does take a bottle well, I have some breast milk stored in the freezer already, he will be taken care of by wonderful caregivers - the same ones who took care of Chloe when she was his age, and Chloe really does love going to the CDC and playing with all her friends! She has learned a ton there and I can't believe how grown up she is! Today I asked her to say "Ghiradelli" (yes - the chocolate!), thinking she would come up with some cute pronunciation and she said the word perfectly!! Anyway, please pray for God's will with the sale of our home and finding a new one, and for us, as our schedules adjust once again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Time is rushing by! I wish we could take a video of every little moment! Thanks for the post
Post a Comment